Tuesday, July 10, 2012

my summer job: sports camp counselor

so my friends, the reason you don't see me around your neck of the woods in oregon is simply because I am here in Provo, as a sports camp counselor.

I know there were alot of students that applied, so I feel lucky to have gotten the job.

The best part of the job is working with the young people--and really influence their life. As cheesy and cliche as that sounds its totally true and it makes it worth it.

week 1.
i probably mix in easily with the girls. i'm in the back with the white shirt on :)



Week 1, I had 16 and 17 year olds
Week 2, I have 13 and 14 year olds. (this is the best age!)

My most favorite part about week 2 is that I actually feel like I know what I am doing now, and so I am having a crazy good time with all the campers. Like I already have 2 girls that i swear are like a fan club--they find me every time I'm in the cannon center and eat with me, they went looking for me at field games so they could play with me, its the best!

The second part that makes me laugh is that I made a rule with my girls that if they ever need to text me to ask a question, or tell me where they are, or just anything, before they can send their message, they have to begin the text message with a compliment to me, and then they can proceed to say what they need to.

I'm going to share a few---they are freaking hilarious!

Marissa: "Hello beautiful whats a righteous girl like you doing in a telestial place like....Want to hold the priesthood come give me a hug...You light up my world like no one else..You make me smile...Dear Emily I hate your stinkin guts you make me vomit love alfalfa jk girl without you im nothing, love your secret admirer jk youre the best ~marissa~

Samantha: "You have the most stunning smile and gorgeous hair!"

Delia: "You're awesome, and always so happy! :)"

So basically, I have never had such high self esteem before in my life til this week, its the absolute BEST.

week 1

3 comments

  1. when I did EFY, I thought the younger girls were the best, too. I am so glad you get to have this experience!! You'll so be prepared to be YW president someday. :) I like the compliment before request idea. Very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... I wonder who that fan club is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your "Compliment me first" plan is brilliant!!!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

© j u s t e m i l y
Maira Gall