Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I open at the close

Can anyone guess what book that title comes from?

It seriously was the first thing that came into my mind when I was thinking of a title for this post about the closing of this semester. So I'm "opening" up "at the close" of the semester.

Just so you know, this has been one of my FAVORITE semesters ever! Why? Because I've done things that I thought I never could.

For example:

-I never thought I could do a lazy ironman (sorry I keep bringing it up but it was a big accomplishment for me!)

-I never thought I could just sign up out of the whim for a mini triathlon only a few days before the big day because I knew I was in shape for it (too bad I got there 10 mins too late to really sign up but it was the thought that counts)

-I never thought I could be a manager for a Adopt-a-Grandparent (I would have been way too scared! And it takes more work than you think).

-I never thought I could ask more boys on dates than they asked me (again, I would have been way too scared!)

-I never thought I could read a volume of The Mortal Messiah (by Bruce R. McConkie: need I say more?)

-I never thought I could ACE all my classes (ok except for one but it was an 89%!)

-I never thought I could be accepted to help start a financial literacy program here at school (think about it: I get to help create a program that Pres. Clark gave specific charge to get going. It will benefit the students at BYU-Idaho as we know it. From here on out. My kids might even get to be the beneficiaries of this program! :)

-And last, I never thought I could write more than one post in a semester (now that's true accomplishment :)


But what it so great is that I thought I could and I DID.

Bring on Fall Semester!!

(p.s. the title comes from the golden snitch in Harry Potter-best.book.ever.)

6 comments

  1. woot woot julia!
    you go sister friend! i am sooo proud of you.
    man you are putting me to shame! i am so glad i have you to look up to!
    i love you.
    and i knew it was HP in 1 sec! love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!!!!!!!!! You are AMAZING!!!!! You are doing some awesome stuff Jules!

    And I knew immediately what book that was from!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia, you INSPIRE ME! What a great semester. I can't wait to see what your future holds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to put dreams into action! You rock!
    And even though it seemed to be a rough start to the semester, way to make it the best ever!
    (ps. you will have to tell me more about the program you are starting up. It sounds different than I originally thought)

    ReplyDelete
  5. IMPRESSIVE! Julia way to go! You can do hard things! Makes me want to try harder. Thanks for your inspiration. Can't wait to have you home, tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are so awesome...way to focus on your accomplishments (wow! in one semester,too). we all need to do that more.
    go jewels!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

© j u s t e m i l y
Maira Gall