Thursday, March 31, 2011

Awkward, but mostly Awesome Thursday



notice anything different? MY HAIR IS GONE. And you know, even though i was going to go shorter, i'm sorry to disappoint you. But I love it. So. Thats that.

HOWDY DO.
today is no ordinary day.
we are talking life changing.
almost.

awkward:
-my mom and i driving to our hair appts. we were (this) close from getting into a car accident.  and it was seriously devastating. i almost used profanities. thats how bad it was. good thing we were divinely protected and me doing a synchronized swerve into the on coming traffic lane--thankfully when traffic wasn't there.
-showing up to school in the sweat pants you slept in. okay, i really shouldn't admit that.
-piano teacher making you try out all her chair adjustments for her back problems. my initial thought--i'm a teenager. i have no health problems, unlike you.
-allergies. they are truly a spawn of the devil.
and whats worse is sneezing 238 times in a row AFTER you have just applied mascara. nice.

awesome:
-DONATING 12 IN. OF HAIR TO LOCKS OF LOVE
after waiting for two years to do this...i am SO happy to help someone who has none.
I love doing it. Although I squeal for delight/fear as she cuts all the pony-tails off...and just squeeze my eyes shut, i enjoy thats it's not a painful surgery or anything! its the best way i can help someone else.
-feeling like Rapunzel from Tangled. if anyone wants to be my favorite person ever. please buy me that movie.

-that is ENOUGH AWESOME FOR TODAY.

7 comments

  1. that is the PERFECT look for you. I love it. And way to be a giver at the same time! Glad you guys weren't in an accident!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love, Love, LOVE the haircut!! You look "ADOOORABLE" (Julia's own words). I really like the bangs. I'm so glad you love it too. And I'm soooo glad you two are okay after a scare with traffic. WHEW! And please don't pay me back for shipping the power cord. It really wasn't a big deal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cut is cute and congrats on donating! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your hair, I laughed out LOUD about your piano teacher! And I am so glad that you did NOT get into an accident!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your hair looks fabulous! ah man, i need a haircut. DESperately. we're talking frizzo ends and mass o' lioness. not in a good way.
    okay, you've inspired me. i'm calling my hair girl. (and...12"?!?!?!?! way to go in the donation dept!)
    -brittney
    http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com (my daily outfit blog; come on by if you'd like!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was fun to watch those 12 inches being cut off. Surely glad we made it to our appointment. I thought for sure we were going to be hit! Whew! Too scary! And....I love your haircut. Thanks for not going too short!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

© j u s t e m i l y
Maira Gall