Saturday, January 1, 2011

i had to blog on 1-1-11 and state the resolutions


i admit, i was stoked to look down at my watch and see it display 11:11am on 1-1-11! made. me. smile. just think about novemeber 11th, how cool will that be!? so, because its the day of ones, that was half the reason why i wanted to blog...just so you were all aware. 

and drum-roll: emily's 2011 new years resolutions (that only seem to last 3 months anyways...and thats pushing it)

1. read all the jane austen books. that really shouldn't be hard to do considering my obsession with her.
2. save $7,000 before my first day of college. i'm nearly there...but saving another $2,500 seems a bit much considering I could start college 6 days after graduation (come on, BYU!)
3. buy a MacBook. There goes all my savings. Seriously. Or convince one of my siblings to give me a sick deal on one of those babies.
4. go to BYU. This technically isn't in my control, and I don't know if I can therefore state it as a NYR, but....i'm being hopeful.
5. Finish the Book Of Mormon before graduation. with my new scriptures it'll give me a great opportunity to study them and see things from a new perspective. I don't just want to read it, i want to study and apply it.
6. This one also is not like a practical NYR, since its something I can't control, but Mom and Dad  are 99.9% sure they will win the Reliv "Disney Cruise" to the Bahamas. (yeah, I just died thinking about it). And i don't think its a coincident that it falls exactly during my spring break. (click on the link! its a 360 view of the Disney Dream Cruise)
7. I know, lose weight, the most common-cliched, you name it NYR, but this is for real. I haven't decided if i'm brave enough for p90x again, but i will at least exercise for 1hr, 3 times a week. Promise. I've got to go to college looking "slim at trim!" thats for you Julia!

shout out to the sister 2. she's moving to AZ today to work at Jacob's Lake!

{and a quote to leave you with that I found about NYR...}


"We seldom perform to the level of our knowledge. This brings me to the subject of resolutions—resolutions to conform our lives more closely to what we already know about the gospel. While many of us take seriously our New Year’s resolutions, some of us may not have made any because of our prior problems in keeping them. We must not overlook the power that making good resolutions can have in helping make our lives happier and more successful—regardless of our past performance” 

Elder Joe J. Christensen

No comments

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

© j u s t e m i l y
Maira Gall