Friday, November 2, 2012

Called to Serve

This post is long over due.....please forgive me.
I thought maybe waiting for some time would help me puzzle piece my thoughts together...but lets face it.  Whether it is 2 hours or 45 hours later...I am still so excited.

After receiving my mission call 24 days after the announcement was made, I was so thrilled to open it up surrounded by family (via google hang out), and friends in my Provo, UT apartment.

October 31 was filled with anticipation for me. Yes, I like to think the entire country was celebrating with me. But for different reasons. My roommate texted me around 2 saying it had come. I almost screamed while i was in the library--i then began freaking out. I couldn't focus, concentrate, but mostly just so excited. I might've skipped home from campus that day.

I told everyone I was opening it at 6:15pm.
As people came in, I honestly didn't realize this many people knew and loved me! I was shocked!
friends from past and current wards, roommates, and cousins
One thick envelope.....
 It then was time for me to open it.....(here is a video of it...sorry, i should have turned towards the camera more) :)


 You heard correctly.....
ARGENTINA NEUQÚEN MISSION

So much suport and love from these wonderful people

Oh happy day!

What you don't hear is that she is speaking spanish to me, and i don't understand a single word she is saying....


 It was great to have Crismon there when I opened it, and Lynette. These two family members have really been a huge part in my BYU experience, and I am so grateful for them.





No comments

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

© j u s t e m i l y
Maira Gall