Tuesday, August 7, 2012

past the bend

So my trip in Oregon is now officially half way over.
I got thinking. If you have 10 days left in Oregon....what would you do?

In the meantime, this my friends is what I have been up to.

1. Northwest Young Single Adult Conference for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
What a neat opportunity the Church provided for the unmarried folk for this weeekend. Friday night we kicked off the event (which took place by region all across the West Coast, even reaching up to Alaska and down to the Northern parts of California), by having a dinner, socializing, and other activities.
Saturday we had workshops & a dance. Sunday was all combined Church meeting with Sacrament Mtg, having a broadcasted talk from Elder M. Russell Ballard, speaking to the NW YSA.


A Lesson Learned at Conference:
I was able to attend a "How to be TRULY Happy" class. And the crux of the class for me was. You create your own happiness. Despite circumstances in life. You can't say, "oh i'll be happy once i have this, or when i do that, etc." I think the neatest part about being the creator of your own happiness really means, you possess a God like characteristic, because you are able to create something that is wholesome, good, and uplifting.

Anna (on my left), is a cousin to a family that use to be in our ward years ago--who i was great friends with. The church makes this world really small. It was so fun to go with Malia and Laurelea. And disregard the boys--they just came in the picture. 

You know what, lifes just happiness.

2.  I've also been spending my time with the cutest kids in the whole state of Washington. My sister, Ondalynn just had her 5th baby (natural too!) bless her heart. So, i've been the lucky aunt to take care of them, and when I say "take care of them", its more like a hang out with them, because a) i love being with them, b) they are so well behaved its...well, fun!

I'm thankful for the experiences I've had here. These kids really teach you to put your priorities in line and really appreciate the finer things in life
What little entrepreneurs! They set up their own lemonade stand. 

I just realized, all of these pictures have me wearing the SAME outfit in them. But....i promise, I do wear different clothes! :)

SJ, is a great little mommy around here. We couldn't do it without her!


Okay, so it REALLY helps to have cute cute cute kids manning the table, they make good money that way. 

And I think I just found the next way to fund my college tuition. 

And pancakes, well, they've been a usual here.

Baby Paxson & brother Isaac!

Baby Paxson, is in good hands. 

No comments

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

© j u s t e m i l y
Maira Gall