Sunday, May 6, 2012

you must have been worried you haven't heard from me in a few days.....

let me explain my adventures:

Friday: I went to the Temple with my sweet cousin Becca Smith. I could probably do about 20 million blog posts on how cool Becca is. I seriously adore, admire, respect, and love her. And when I say that I admire her so much...i really say that with all sincerity. My favorite times with Becca are the car rides we have spent just talking. She is the best...she would tell you she loves listening to me talk all the time...but in reality, she really is just a fantastic person that is selfless and kind enough to sit and listen. (well, now that i think of it...she didn't really have a choice being in the driver seat ;). The other day, Becca and I got out of our Pearl of Great Price class (which we both happened to sign up for--not knowing each other was in the class) and we sat and talked for 2.5 hours. And after the Temple, she took me out to Kneaders. What a treat! I always come away rejuvenated, inspired, happier, and just better after talking to Becca. I feel so lucky to be her cousin.

I also went to work, and had a few guy friends come over to play acquire. i'm ashamed to say, that yet I taught all of them how to play for the first time....and they ALL beat me. I blame it on the fact that i was trying to help them, they were all returned missionaries...and they were smart, but i think i'm just going to have to face it. i lost.

Saturday: I had to work in the morning, and then I went to City Creek Mall with some of my most favorite people. Bree Hibert and Hayley Lowder. think about all the fun you have in a day--now multiple it by 100 and thats how much fun Bree and Hayley and I have in about 2 hours. I wish it could have been longer.....but if we would have stayed any longer, I am pretty sure I would have absolutely NO money in the bank left....oops :)

I also was supposed to go Tandem bike riding with a friend...but failed plans can always turn into fun plans. I witnessed the Super Moon that night....and went back to my childhood roots. swinging on a tree swing, going to a park, climbing trees, (and when I say climbing trees, more like watching him do it...i'm still a pansy).

Sunday: The best day of the Week--especially since it was Fast Sunday. I love that we can even partake of worship inside the Clyde Building....its just another testimony to me of how true the gospel is. It doesn't matter where the worship takes place...its still true no matter where you go.

I also got a calling, which for the first time in my entire life...it is NOT a music calling. The Bishop said he wanted to give me a break. Bless his heart. My good friend also came over to watch the CES Devotional....which was simply marvelous. That is a must read talk--one that i am excited to listen to over and over again.

The church is true. The book is blue.
I am so grateful for life on this earth.
We have such great reason to rejoice....

until next time. 

2 comments

  1. what a fun packed weekend! I stepped outside my apt and saw the super moon. Not that exciting but still very cool and bright!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmm... hanging out with smart RM's - very wise my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

© j u s t e m i l y
Maira Gall