Monday, May 10, 2010

my ode to mother

To my lovely mother (who may never see this):


Thank you for everything. Literally. Thank you for...

  • letting me play with dishwasher soap all day in the kitchen
  • packing my lunches and letting me watch disney movies while you took naps
  • letting me lay on you while you napped :)
  • volunteering in my elementary school classes
  • picking me up at the bus stop everyday
  • cutting my pb&j sandwiches in "butterflies" when i requested it
  • giving me a nutty bar when a bird pooped on my nose, and bee stung my head on the same day
  • letting me get my ears pierce when i was only...*gasp* 12. 
  • making my lunches everyday for the past 12 years. 
  • doing my laundry...although, i feel you do this more out of fear that i would ruin all the clothes if you made me do the laundry.
  • thank you for the 6,205 consquetive dinners.


Three generations.

THANK YOU FOR BEING MY MOM. You've dealt with me for the past 17 years, and haven't killed me yet. So thank you. I love you.

1 comment

  1. I'm amazed she hasn't killed you yet either. Just kidding Emily. Mom truly does rock! Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

© j u s t e m i l y
Maira Gall